The Andrew 5.6 M earth station antenna system incorporates features and versatility unmatched in its class.
The 5.6 M is capable of operation on all major satellite systems. Operation in Ku-, or K- bands are possible with
the proper selection of Gregorian feed systems. A wide selection of mounts is possible, from simple manual mounts
to High Speed, and optional 160 Degree Azimuth continuous rotation mount kits.
The 5.6 M exhibits the following features:
- Electrical performance meets or exceeds:
- U.S. FCC regulation 25-209 for mandatory pattern requirements for 2E
- INTELSAT requirements for standards E-3, E-2, E-1, and G.
- EUTELSAT requirements for pattern and polarization discrimination.
- ITU-R, S580-5 AND S465-5
- Approved for use in the territory of Russia by the Ministry of Communications of the Russian Federation (Reference:
Homologation Certificate No. OC/1-AF-1).
- Gregorian optics and fully shaped main reflector provides excellent pattern characteristics and high gain.
- Microprocessor or steptrack control options available for motorized antennas.
- Rugged aluminum and steel construction provides 125 mph (200 km/hr) wind survival, in any position.
- A large equipment enclosure with doors for hub mounting of electronic systems.
- Self-aligning main reflector requires no field alignment.
- Full operational temperature range –40° to +52° C standard.
- 3-year warranty on all structural components.
Like all Andrew earth station antennas, the 5.6 M earth station provides high gain and exceptional pattern characteristics.
The electrical performance and versatility provide the ability to configure the antenna with a choice of linearly
polarized 2- or 4- port combining networks.
Andrew provides a complete line of available options, including field installed electrical anti-icing heating,
motor drive systems (with power interfaces addressing domestic and international standards), remote microprocessor
motor drive system control, pressurization equipment, and interconnecting HELIAX&#reg;7 cables and waveguide.